MIS vs. Computer Science
· MS in CS courses focus more on algorithms, data structures, core computer Science concepts like database, networking, robotics.
· MS in CS will prepare you to become a software engineer
· MIS courses are geared towards business and industry.
· Without work experience, having an MIS will not get you into a managerial position.
· MIS does offer technical and non-technical courses.
· You can still become a software engineer after completing MIS.
· After studying MIS, you can work as a business analyst, systems engineer, systems architect, software testing engineer, and other similar positions.
MIS Job Opportunities
This data is from the MIS program at CMU.
|The main role of MIS is to
act as a bridge between developer and the company
Mean – $80,300
Median – $84,000
High – $100,000
Low – $50,000
Some of the job titles of MIS graduates:
· Associate Consultant
· Business Analyst
· IT Analyst
· Program Manager
· Quality Assurance Engineer
· Senior Technology Consultant
· Software Design Engineer
· Software Developer
· Software Engineer
· Technology Analyst
· Web Developer
Please feel free to contact email@example.com .